"I have not told half of what I saw."
- Marco Polo, 12th-century Italian explorer and one of the first Westerners to visit China
Like the first Westerners exploring China, businesses in both the U.S. and Asia today are lured to new opportunities that await across the Pacific. Success stories make media headlines; optimistic predictions abound. For the inexperienced or uninitiated, the streets appear "paved with gold" — and fortune seems to beckon any who venture beyond the horizon.
The Risk and Reality
In reality, many companies, investors and entrepreneurs experience less glamorous results across the Pacific. Unprepared for the commercial, community-related, and cultural challenges involved, businesses encounter prolonged start-up periods and slow growth without the anticipated returns. Consumer demand and market penetration are lower than expected. There are difficulties with local partners, competitors and employees; quality problems with suppliers and products; delays with new product launches and shortages of materials and resources.
The results are costly. Managing Trans-Pacific change requires different types of awareness, skills and approaches. But most leaders and organizations unknowingly utilize the same type of strategy, cultural mindset and processes to implement change. This causes delays or even total restarts. Sponsors and investors become disillusioned. The window of opportunity for growth closes, and expansion efforts are abandoned.
How AmAsia3 Benefits Your Business
AmAsia3 provides customized services and programs that provide clients the outstanding value they need to successfully expand and operate as global businesses. Working with AmAsia3:
- Boosts your capabilities, prevents strategic mistakes and startup failure and increases the probability of long-term success through multidisciplinary, global business solutions and know-how from senior-level strategists and implementers
- Deepens your understanding of cultural differences and enhances the ability to communicate, take action and make culturally intelligent business decisions
- Builds your commerce and a foundation for growth through mutully beneficial business relationships and loyal communities of people who use and promote your products and services
- Provides you with highly personalized attention and affordable answers from people who treat your business as their own