"Begin, be bold and venture to be wise."
- Charles Horace Mayo, Co-founder The Mayo Clinic
AmAsia3 Asian Expansion Program
The Challenge of Asian Expansion
For many American businesses, Asia — and especially China — represents an opportunity for rebirth. With double-digit GDP growth, a rapidly rising middle class, and a population of 1.4 billion, China can be a new summit of business expansion. China today is a ready market for products and services: wine, cosmetics, movie theaters, fairgrounds and attractions, hotels, health care and much more. Many American businesses recognize these opportunities. Faced with declining demand and increasing competition, they often plunge into expansion efforts, taking on the Asian markets with little knowledge — but high hopes.
As they venture forth, these companies discover how difficult it can be to do business in Asia. The complex levels of government bureaucracy are overwhelming. It is more difficult to train employees, and their work habits are unfamiliar. Suppliers and vendors seem unreliable and do not deliver products and services as promised. Trade secrets and intellectual property rights are violated, while enforcement is lax. And ultimately, the most important business variable — the customer base — can be difficult to inform and motivate.
Our Asian Expansion Program
The aim of AmAsia3's Asian Expansion Program is to empower companies with limited Trans-Pacific experience to bridge international cultural gaps and make the most of this opportunity. Our program gives you the market insight and a systematic, culturally aware approach to grow successfully in Asia.
Here's how we do it. First, we work with you to articulate your vision, assess current and future capabilities, and establish short- and long-term objectives for growth. Next, due diligence is completed to determine go-to-market feasibility. Expansion strategies are then developed, based on identified target regions and customer populations, their cultural preferences for products and services, and your business model and sales.
At the same time, we engage key people in your organization to determine the appropriate business architecture. We ask questions whose answers are pivotal to your success. Are your company's brand, goals, and portfolio aligned with your operations? Your communications? Your supply chain? Your human resources? Based on our findings, we develop specific, do-able recommendations to help you succeed. These strategies and tactical action plans take into consideration multiple cultural elements, and utilize AmAsia3' s unique global business network. Then we work with you — onsite, as-needed, or in whatever capacity makes sense for your business — to ensure that your global transformation is a success.
Program Benefits For Your Business
AmAsia3 customizes the delivery of every program to ensure that the right level of support and expertise is given to cost-effectively meet your unique needs and challenges.
Working with AmAsia3
- Builds a strategic foundation for the successful launch or expansion of your business
- Prepares and enables you and your company to make needed changes before, during, and after expansion plans have been implemented, to achieve both your short- term- and long-term objectives
- Provides immediate access to an established global network that can intelligently guide and calibrate you through your expansion effort
- Includes program setup, management, and execution support so that you can focus on current business and devote resources for implementation
- Delivers hands-on expertise, resources, and on-the-ground help where it is needed to provide optimal return on the investment of your time and resources